What Personal Information Does GamePlan Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store information you enter on our Services or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday, Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook user names, and location. We automatically receive your location when you use the Services. We use various technologies to determine location, such as location services of the applicable operating system or browser and sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi- access points and cell towers. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and myDNA profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Services, improving the content of the Services, customizing the advertising and content you and your friends see (including GamePlan or third-party advertising or content), and communicating with you about specials and new features. Your Services account will be associated with a Services ID, your email (when you log into the Services) and optionally a phone number, and this account will be used for all our Services that you use. Information you provide to one of our Services may be used with other Services you or your friends use. For example, location information we receive in connection with your use of GamePlan may be used to customize the content you and your friends see in other features of GamePlan. Additionally, if you use a Service without logging into that Service on a device and later log into a Service on that device, GamePlan will combine information that was collected about your use of the Service in a logged-out state with your Services account. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- Children under 13: The Services are not directed to individuals who are younger than 13 years old.
How is My Information Shared?
- Friends and Followers: Friends on GamePlan: Followers can see your publicly available information and you can see the publicly available information of users you follow, as described below (under "Publicly Available Information and Apps").
- Individuals reading this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in comments, plans or tips or other content (location or otherwise) that you create in the Services.
- Businesses, Locations, Events and Brands: One of the key purposes of the Services is to help users learn about businesses, locations, events and brands (for example, a restaurant, bars, event organizers, media outlets, or a user good that manages a page on the Service) that are relevant to them, and for these entities to provide information about themselves, their locations and events to users, as well as to reward users when they visit their location or event through offers and specials. When you visit a particular location your visits may be shared with that location in order for that location to better provide services to you. Additionally, brands may have access to aggregated and anonymous/or anonymous data, such as de-identified data about places that its followers visit (that is, not tied to individual users).
- Publicly Available Information and Apps: When you use the Services, certain information is public, such as your public myDNA profile information, likes, saved businesses, public photos, decisions that you create, dietary preferences, and lists of friends and/or followers (as applicable to a particular Service), and may be searchable by search engines and be shared with or disclosed to third parties, including through our API or SDK to a wide range of users and services. We may also share or disclose aggregated and/or anonymous data, such as de-identified location data (that does not identify an individual user), to third parties, including users you may follow, users of our API and our customers, for analytical or other purposes.
- Vendors/Contractors: We employ other companies and people, such as independent vendors and contractors, to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them in order for them to provide services to us. We do not authorize such vendors and contractors to use your Personal Information for their own benefit and we request that they provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information.
Determining and Sharing Location
Determining your location - The Services sometimes deal with location, so in order to work well, the Services requests to know your location. Whenever you open and use/interact with our apps on your mobile device or go to one of our Sites, we use the location information from your mobile device or browser (e.g., latitude and longitude) to tailor the Services to your current location, or another location you input manually. This information from you is NOT shared with others. Also, the Services use your mobile device’s ‘background location’ to provide the Services, including to send you notifications of relevant promotions near you. If you have ‘background location’ turned on, the GamePlan app will, from time to time, tell us about your device’s location even if you are not directly interacting with the application.
Sharing Location with the GamePlan app - Your location data is ONLY shared with others when you proactively decide to provide feedback and/or evaluation of a business on the GamePlan app to tell the Services you’re at a particular place or, if you have turned on “Group Decision Mode” when your friend includes you in his or her group decision. The location information shared with a "group decision" is the location information of the place chosen.
Your Decision History - Each of your decisions using the Services is saved to your "Decision History," which allows you to look back at all the decisions you have logged since you created your Services account. If for some reason you ever decide to delete your Services account, your entire decision history will be removed from our database.
The Services include several features that may allow you to share your information with others, including your name, address, photos, friends, and decision history. You can modify the default settings for what is shared on your myDNA profile. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Services, that information may be available to the wider Services community, or may be published on our Sites, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
We may provide you with the ability to log into the Service using your existing social media accounts, such as Facebook. We do not control such social media services, your profiles on those services, modify your privacy settings on those services or establish rules about how your information on those services will be used. You and the social media service providers are in control of those issues, not GamePlan. You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable social media services to learn more about how they handle your information before using any such features made available to you on the Service. We are not responsible for any acts or omissions by any social media service provider or your use of features that come from their platform.
Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of GamePlan and others
- Our Partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses, provide services to you, sell items or provide promotions to you through the Services. In other situations, GamePlan provides services, or sells items jointly with these businesses. You can easily recognize when one of these businesses is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that business.
- Business Transfers: If GamePlan or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that GamePlan goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of GamePlan and Others: We may release your information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of GamePlan, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What About Cookies and Similar Technologies?
We may work with advertisers or other partners and advertising service providers to serve ads to you on our Services, or on a third party website or app, that may be relevant to you based on your inferred interests, interaction with our Services or location.
In connection with the foregoing, we, our partners, and our advertising service providers receive information through our Services, unaffiliated websites and apps and through various advertising exchanges, platforms and ad networks, including by bidding on advertising inventory on unaffiliated sites and apps directly or by working with other partners and advertising service providers. This information may include information about your activity on the Services or on unaffiliated websites and apps, including information received from a web browser, operating system, or device (including such things as the web address of a web page visited, the address of the referring or exit web pages, and the data and time of those visits; information about the browser type and browser settings; information about the operating system, device model, and carrier; location information; IP addresses; mobile device and advertising identifiers such as Apple IDFA or Google Advertising ID; and cookie information, pixel or other similar technology).
We combine the information described above with additional demographic, location and other interest-based segment data, along with cookie information, from third parties to provide services to our customers such as tools to enable the display of targeted advertisements to users, including across a user’s devices, and tools to allow them to understand the effectiveness of advertising campaigns (e.g., we use the information we receive to determine the probability that a desktop web cookie and a mobile device belong to the same user and may use this information to provide advertising, analytics or other services). Additionally, we use the information we collect from our API or SDK when incorporated into applications of third parties to determine whether the same user is using different third party apps on the same mobile device that incorporate our API or SDK. We may share this information and other information with advertisers or other partners and advertising service providers for purposes such as to serve advertisements, and to measure advertisement conversion and effectiveness in the ordinary course of our business. We may share such information with third parties advertising partners in an aggregated form as part of a segment of users or in a de-identified form, but we would not share such information in a manner that specifically identifies you to an advertiser). Unless you opt-out as described below, we will retain this information we receive for as long as your Services account is active or as needed to provide the advertising services. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, we will retain and use the information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How to Opt-Out
Registered users of the Service can opt-out of GamePlan serving interest-based ads outside of GamePlan's apps and websites in the privacy settings section of your account settings.
Any individual (whether or not they are a registered user of GamePlan) can opt out of receiving interest-based advertisements from GamePlan outside of GamePlan's apps and websites on their mobile device by using the DAA's "AppChoices application available at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
Additionally, for information about how to opt out of receiving interest-based advertisements from our third party advertising partners outside of GamePlan’s apps and websites, or to learn more about interest-based advertising in general and to access the opt-outs of other online advertising companies, visit the Network Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or, for interest-based advertising in apps, by using the DAA’s “AppChoices application” available at http://http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
Also, certain versions of the iOS operating system permit you to "Limit Ad Tracking" in the system settings and certain versions of the Android operating system allow you to "Opt out of Interest-Based Ads" in the system settings.
Cross-Device Opt-Out - You should complete the opt-out process for all devices and browsers that you use. When you opt-out, we will no longer use the information from you on that particular browser or device to provide you with the Services. For example, that means that if you opt-out for a device, we will be unable to tie that device to another device or to another browser on another device. Please keep in mind that, to the extent we have already disclosed information about you to third parties before you opt out, we cannot require such third parties to delete that information. For more information see www.aboutads.info/choices.
At this time we do not honor web browser Do Not Track ("DNT") signals or similar mechanisms.
We adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your GamePlan account Personal Information is protected by a password, text message verification, and/or third-party account authentication for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
GamePlan endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, GamePlan cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that our Services are hosted on computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of the Sites or the Services or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information from your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
GamePlan allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the Services by visiting the user settings section (except usage information, which can be accessed in the myDNA profile section) in the Services. This list will change as our Service changes.
- Phone number
- Email address
- Other user profile information (for example, home city, photo, dietary restrictions and preferences)
- Usage information (for example, decision history)
- Third-party account information (for example, your Facebook ID and data you choose to share with us through that integration)
If you have questions about the Personal Information we have collected from you, you can email [email protected].
How Do I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your Services account, you may request to do so by emailing [email protected]. If you terminate your account, your myDNA profile, including your decision history, your User Submissions (as defined in GamePlan's Terms of Service) and any promotional offers you received, will be removed from the Service and eventually deleted from GamePlan's servers. Because of the way we maintain GamePlan, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your myDNA profile information or posts may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will retain information as required by applicable law and we will not delete any information that has already been aggregated or anonymized.
How Is Information Removed From My Account?
You can remove/change content or information that you have posted on the Services on your account and myDNA profile through the Services or you can ask us to remove it by writing to [email protected] Even after you remove information from your account or myDNA profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message by email to
[email protected]. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.